Tomato Health Benefits – Tomato plants are still allies to eggplant, potatoes. In a variety of cuisines use tomatoes, so many people think that tomatoes are a vegetable. Though the tomato is a fruit, because it contains pulp and seeds are safe if swallowed.
The tomato finding is South America; then this plant began in cultivation thoroughly until now have been spread out to all ridges of the world. Tomatoes health benefits are great, you can take this benefits by eating tomatoes directly or by making tomato juice.
The benefits of tomatoes not only as a healthy food but also often a natural ingredient for beauty treatments, it is by making masks tomatoes.
Most content in tomatoes are C vitamin, so it is great to boost your immunity and keep the skin from free radical attack. In this concise article, we will see the tomato health benefits, as for the beauty of skin, hair, face.
Tomato Nutrition Facts
Tomatoes are popular vegetable in every cuisine. But sometimes it makes a lot of people confused. Is it classified in fruit or vegetable.
Tomatoes, even though they are fruit, are super vegetables that provide a lot of nutrition for the family. Why is it called a vegetable? Because tomatoes are not eaten as a snack, they are only eaten after they are added to vegetables or seasonings.
But some say that tomatoes are fruit because of their taste and texture. The fruit with the scientific name Solanum lycopersicum is a great nutritious fruit.
Tomatoes are very rich in an antioxidant called lycopene. The benefits of lycopene are to prevent cancer and avoid heart disease.
Besides being a source of antioxidants, tomatoes are also rich in various other nutrients. Here we see the nutritional content in 100 grams of tomatoes.
- Calories: 18
- Protein: 0.9 grams
- Water: 95 percent
- Sodium: 5 milligrams
- Sugar: 2.6 grams
- Fat: 0.2 grams
- Carbohydrates: 3.9 grams
- Fiber: 1.2 grams
As mentioned on the Verywell Fit page, 180 grams of chopped tomatoes contains about 7 grams of carbohydrates. These carbohydrates consist of 4.7 grams of natural sugar and 2.2 grams of fiber.
The natural sugars in tomatoes are in the form of glucose and fructose and these sugars make up up to 70% of their carbohydrates.
Tomatoes are a very high source of fiber. As quoted from the Healthline page, tomatoes are a very important source of fiber for health. A medium-sized tomato already provides 1.5 grams of fiber.
The fiber contained is mostly insoluble fiber, this is about 87%, and among them are hemicellulose, lignin and cellulose.
Tomatoes also contain fat in small portions. Even the fat that is not up to 0.5 grams for every one cup of tomatoes.
While protein, it is also included in the extraordinary nutrition essential for the body. It acts as a muscle builder, providing relief from any problems in muscle tissue. In every 100 grams of tomatoes contains about 1.5 grams of protein.
5. Vitamins and minerals
Tomatoes are vegetables that are rich in minerals and vitamins. That is why it is very important for us to consume tomatoes every day. Among the vitamins and minerals present in tomatoes are:
- Vitamin C: One medium tomato provides 28% of the daily requirement of vitamin C.
- Potassium: This is a mineral that is beneficial in controlling blood pressure and is good for preventing heart disease.
- Vitamin K1: Vitamin K1 is also known as phylloquinone. It is useful for blood clotting so that someone who has an accident can quickly stop bleeding if the body contains enough vitamin K. Vitamin K is also good for bone health.
- Folate (vitamin B9): This is a vitamin that is important in the formation and growth of tissues and is responsible for cell function. Folate is very important for pregnant women so that their babies are healthy and born normally.
Amazing Health Benefits of Tomatoes
1. Reducing fat in the body
Excessive fat can trigger high blood pressure and increasing weight. For reduce fat in the body you need various efforts such as exercise and diet regulation.
If you have not successfully to lose weight with exercise, trying to help with eating tomatoes regularly just before exercise. Tomatoes contain no fat, just high in protein, carbohydrates, and calories.
All three of these nutrients has an important role in weight problems, you can set them with movement activities such as jogging, gym, and others.
2. Build your muscle
Tomato health benefits to building muscle. A thin body received less attention than women, so many men trying to form muscles to become an attraction for most women. True, or not. . ?
Not only build muscle by lifting weights every day, but you also need rest, because the rest is very useful for setting the muscles become more perfect, once your muscles get a workout load.
You should know that there are some foods that support the posture, one of them is a tomato. Tomatoes are rich in protein, so it is very good in the formation of the body muscles. To get a muscular body, you can eat tomatoes before exercise or after exercise.
3. Prevent Cancer
Tomatoes are also beneficial for preventing cancer. The high content of antioxidants in tomatoes becomes important for health, especially in dispels the seeds of cancer.
Diligent eat tomatoes can prevent serious illness such as breast cancer, colon, and lung, it is can be handled effectively by this fruit.
4. Counteract free radicals
Another tomato health benefits also can counteract free radicals from ultraviolet rays. The medical expert or medical specialist gives credence to the flavonoids and zeaxanthin in counteracting free radicals.
Both of these compounds are antioxidants that are most numerous in tomatoes.
5. Keeping teeth and bones health
Tomatoes are a supplier of calcium that is used to maintain the bone that is not chip easily, also strengthens the teeth and keep them healthy. At the time of the formation of bone, calcium is necessary to get perfect results.
6. Healthy eyes
Tomato health benefits for the eye. For those of you who suffer from eye minus frequently recommended consuming tomatoes so that your eye diseases is not increased. You know why?
Tomatoes have been recognized by many as a fruit that can nourish the eye as it includes much vitamin A, and some other nutrients such as niacin, thiamine, and folic acid. All these substances work together to cure health problems in the eye.
7. Set the heart rate
There is about 235 mg of potassium in the medium tomato slice. The content is useful to control the heart rate in the blood pumping and keep working stably. Other tomato health benefits are avoiding from heart disease and stroke.
8. Meeting the needs of Daily Vitamins
If you are idle to take supplements to reach the daily vitamin needs, try to replace it with tomato. Tomatoes will give you 20% of the daily nutritional requirements.
According to the USDA in a slice of tomato contain all nutrients needed by the body’s organs to work properly.
9. Controlling blood sugar
The next tomato health benefits are controlling your blood sugar. Blood sugar should not exceed reasonable limits in order not increase the risk of diabetes.
You can control blood sugar by eating tomatoes regularly. Tomatoes are a source of chromium needed by body in order the amount of blood sugar does not soar.
Beside the ripe tomatoes, raw tomato also has a great benefits. If you want to know the health benefits of raw tomatoes, please refer to link below:
Get it now on >>Raw Tomatoes Health Benefits<<
Tomato Benefits for Skin
In general, the tomato is a vegetable or vegetable-fruit that is used in cooking. However, the benefits of tomatoes do not stop there but has wider benefits, which is beneficial for health and beauty.
10. Decrease the pores of the skin
It is the natural tomato health benefits for your skin beauty. To apply it is by shed as much as four drops of tomato juice and a tablespoon of water. Furthermore, use on your face using cotton.
Then gently massage your face for 15 minutes. The traditional way is to shrink the pores on your face.
11. Glowing Skin
Benefits of tomatoes for skin in glowing skin. Tomato fruit is not only necessary for health but also efficacious in many beauty problems. One is to beautify the skin. Drops of tomatoes on the skin and massage, it’s can transform your skin becomes more radiant.
The content of vitamin C in tomatoes have the critical role in making healthy skin and appear radiant and clean.
12. Treating skin conditions
The next Benefits of tomatoes for skin beauty is to treat a variety of problems on skin conditions. There is tomato seed oil that used in this case. This oil can treat a variety of skin problems, ranging from the simple to the chronic skin problems such as eczema and psoriasis. Tomato seed oil is also able to repair dry skin and skin damage.
– Use the tomato seed oil on the skin, and then leave overnight, and wash the next day. It will treat the infected skin conditions.
– You can also add this oil to your facial creams, moisturizers, and scrubs, to keep the skin soft and smooth.
13. Benefits of tomato for Treating Acne
Tomato health benefits for treating acne. It is the same as most acne medications that contain lots of vitamin C and vitamin A. So, the content of vitamin C and A in tomatoes acts as a substance that can reduce and paste to skin rash and treat acne.
- If you suffer from small pimples on the face, you can treat it by sticking a slice of tomato
- However, on the contrary, if you suffer from chronic acne on the face, use the crushed tomatoes, paste on the pimples for 1 hour, and use regularly several times.
14. Prevent excessive oil on the face
Benefits of tomatoes for skin care in preventing and eliminating excessive oil. If sebum produced a lot of oil on the face, it will clog pores and cause acne.
To prevent this, you can use two tomatoes juice, mix with four tablespoons of cucumber juice. Then apply on the face every day. It will help make your face healthy and beautiful and shine.
15. Tomatoes for Preventing Aging
Tomatoes and tomato products can be made of oxygen absorbed by the skin perfectly. It is will prevent premature aging of the skin and make your skin glow visibly.
Relate post to:
16. Natural Sunscreen
Natural sunscreen is one of the advantages of tomatoes for skin beauty. Based on numerous studies, that there are antioxidants in tomatoes called lycopene, which serves as a sunscreen. These substances will protect the skin from UV attack.
17. Eliminate the stress on the skin
Tomato extract is often used as a massage oil on the skin to relieve stressed skin. Stressed skin in the eye area can be overcome by using extracts from tomato.
18. Removes Dead Skin Cells
The tomato health benefits for skin beauty in removing dead skin cells. Using tomatoes as a skin mask will remove dead skin cells, this will make you look younger.
– Puree the tomatoes with a mixer, and add a little sugar. Apply on face thoroughly, and gently massage in circular.
The trick could also by cutting the tomatoes into two parts. Add sugar on top, gently press on the face or the skin you want to puree. Massage gently to get the skin smooth and clean.
Those are thousands tomato health benefits. This magical fruit readily available, because it can be grown easily in a variety of agricultural land.
However, tomatoes are not included in durable fruits, quickly decaying. Now, tomato often processed to sauce in order can be stored longer.
Traditional Uses of Tomatoes
Among the important benefits and uses of eating tomatoes are as follows:
- Prevent diabetes
- Prevent bladder cancer
- Good for preventing breast cancer
- Reducing the risk of cervical cancer, several studies show that the use of tomatoes can reduce the risk of cervical cancer when consumed regularly.
- Great for preventing colorectal cancer. Some scientists say that eating tomatoes regularly or food products containing tomatoes can reduce the risk of colorectal. However, some scientists do not agree with this premise.
- Stomach cancer. Although some say that tomatoes can reduce the risk of stomach cancer. However, so far there has been no scientific evidence to support this statement.
- Great for strokes and heart attacks. Some people say that eating tomatoes regularly can reduce the risk of heart attacks and strokes, especially in women.
- Prevents pancreatic cancer. Some studies say that they disagree with this statement. However, other findings suggest that the use of eating tomatoes regularly is associated with a reduced risk of developing pancreatic cancer.
- Benefits of tomatoes for high blood pressure. There are studies that say that eating tomatoes regularly can have a good effect on high blood pressure.
- Prevent cataracts. The benefits of eating tomatoes also provide great health benefits in preventing cataracts. This is because tomatoes are rich in vitamin A and contain vitamin C, both types of these vitamins are antioxidants that are quite good at preventing macular degeneration.
- Reduce asthma symptoms
- Reduce the risk of arthritis
- Prevent the common cold