Health Benefits of Carrots – The Carrot known as the crispy vegetables and its taste is sweet. It’s good to be healthy snacks, further good for body health. In general, carrot also best for cleaning the teeth. The carrots health benefits including reducing cholesterol, prevent certain cancers and could avoid a heart attack. Another benefit of carrots is preventing premature aging.
Carrots are vegetables that eat by people throughout the world. Its categorize in the root vegetables because it comes from roots or tubers. Carrots possessed a variety of health properties. Not only the villagers who eat but the city also love this crunchy food. This vegetable can be cooked with a variety of menus, can be used as a complementary of soup, make as chips, or eaten straight as a snack.
Carrot Nutrition Value
Health benefits of carrots cannot be separated from the value of nutrients content. The health benefits usually associated with beta-carotene and fiber content. As reported by the organicfacts.net, nutrients present in carrots is Vitamin A, Vitamin C, Vitamin K, Vitamin B8, pantothenic acid, folic acid, potassium, iron, copper, and manganese. Let’s look at the following huge benefits of carrots.
Top Health Benefits of Carrots.
1. Banish heart disease
A study conducted at the Wolfson Gastrointestinal Laboratory in Edinburgh, Scotland states that consumption carrots for 7 ounces a day for three weeks can lower the body’s cholesterol average of 11%. Causes of heart disease are largely due to high blood and cholesterol. To prevent cardiovascular health problem you should diligent in eating carrots.
A group of scientists in Sweden says that the root vegetables also has great benefits to heart health.
2. Protect blood pressure
Unstable blood pressures are very harmful to health, for those of you who have unhealthy blood pressure you should eat carrots regularly. Carrots contain high potassium so it plays a role in regulating blood pressure. High blood pressure has a direct connection with atherosclerosis, strokes, and heart attacks. So, the benefits of carrots are vital in maintaining healthy blood.
3. Enhancing immunity
Furthermore, carrot used for boosting immunity thanks to antiseptic and anti-bacterial within. Plus, carrot also a source of vitamin C, the vitamin will stimulate the activity of white blood cells to improve the body’s defenses.
4. Maintain digestive health
As for vegetables, carrots contain lots of fibers. Fiber is an important mineral for the body in digestion function. This mineral has a role in increasing stool mass and facilitate the movement of feces out through the digestive system.
Generally, the benefits of fiber are prominent in digestion and keep it away from a variety of serious diseases such as colorectal cancer. Constipation that often perceived by many people also can be solved by eating fiber-rich foods, and one of them is carrot. Fiber also works to lower cholesterol in the walls of arteries and veins.
5. Prevents Cancer
Another health benefits of carrots are preventing many types of cancer. Many people who take beta-carotene (a compound in carrots) can reduce the risk of lung cancer more than 40%.
One carrot contains an average of 3 milligrams of beta-carotene.
6. Macular Degeneration
It is a common eye disease suffered by the elderly. Most people who consume beta-carotene can reduce the risk of macular degeneration up to 40% compared with those who don’t eat it. Carrot is one of the vegetables that load and full of beta-carotene.
7. Improve eyesight
As the age, the vision health also declining, many people who could not see in dim light. The cause is a deficiency of vitamin A. Carrots saves a lot of vitamin A that is good for eye health.
8. Prevent Stroke
This orange vegetable not only prevents heart disease but also great as natural food to prevent stroke. Research reveals that people who eat everyday carrots have a risk of stroke 68% less than those who do not eat carrots.
Carrot is a vegetable that saves great benefits. The health benefits of carrots cannot be separated from the content of various nutrients. To obtain these nutrients, we must be diligent in eating carrots. Make a vegetable or juicing.
Another Benefit of Eating More Carrots
9. Beta-carotene: Carrots are vegetables that contain lots of beta-carotene, this is a form of antioxidants that can be converted into vitamin A, it is very beneficial for skin health.
10. Digestion: With many eating carrots, then it becomes much saliva production, as well as the supply of essential minerals for the body. This will help smooth the process of digestion.
11. Alkaline elements: The health benefits of carrots as alkali, alkali in carrot can purify the blood and maintain a balance between alkaline and acid in the body.
12. Potassium: Potassium Content in carrot is beneficial for maintaining healthy sodium in the body and keeping blood pressure be soaring.
13. Dental Health: Benefits of carrot for dental health is tremendous because it contains substances that can kill germs oral and keep dental health.
14. Wounds: For those of you who suffer from injuries, you can stimulate it by healing with grated carrot.
Read Also: Tomato health benefits
15. Phytonutrients: Carrots Vegetables much contain phytonutrients that said falcarinol, this substance is beneficial to maintain intestinal health.
16. Carotenoids: Carrots including Carotene-rich vegetables, this element is useful as a regulator of blood sugar in the body.
17. Many fibers: Carrots Benefits as heart health carers. The fiber content in carrot good to binding bad cholesterol (LDL) and generate much good cholesterol (HDL), this will reduce blood clotting and prevent heart attacks.
Furthermore, carrots also have benefits for healthy hair, eyes, nails, and skin. Carrots work by building new cells in the body so that the body remains healthy
The benefits of carrots not only like this, have many more reasons over there why you should be like this orange vegetable. Carrots are more healthy if consumed in raw form as the snack.