This time we will present a Seafood Boil in a Bag recipe for you. This recipe is simple and very easy to prepare, we will provide a step by step guide to make it easier for you to follow. This recipe is easy, has a strong taste, and is very easy to clean up. Hopefully the seafood recipe in this bag will be your menu to celebrate this year’s holiday.
This seafood boil in bag will be a dish that is ready to unite family members at the dinner table, you can even bring your friends together for a fun holiday. This food is simple but gives a flavor that can shake your tongue. This is included in my plans this weekend, want to serve it and invite many friends to enjoy this seafood.
There are many types of seafood steamed or boiled in a delicious broth. But this time we will present it in a way that is unique to you, easy and of course very delicious. This is seafood boil in a bag, how about seafood in a bag? This time we prove that it is easy and enjoyable to enjoy a holiday with loved ones.
This is a seafood recipe in a bag that includes the basic or standard recipe because now many are adding several types of seafood, and many have modified it. So, as a basic recipe, we’re including shrimp, crab and some of the lobster I bought whole. You can add your favorite vegetables, or add certain spices that you like. This is food in a bag with broth and cooked together for one taste.
What is a Seafood Boil?
What is seafood boil in a bag? It is often described as shellfish but the focus is on seasoned seafood and these are served on a dinner table covered with newspaper or plastic and served as a side dish.
Seafood boil is a very popular food in the south and east of America. This is a treat and dish to amaze those of us who love seafood. The type of seafood used is different and the taste also varies from one country to another. Maybe this also depends on how the chef processes the spices.
There are quite a number of types of seafood served, for example in southern California, there you will find low country boil or frogmore stew. Then in Maryland, you serve the crab without the vegetables and it’s cooked with the crab with Chesapeake blue crabs and Old Bay seasoning.
While in the north there, you can find seafood boils called “clambakes”, Clams, Where mussels, and other types of shellfish. So, there are many kinds of amazing seafood, this time we will see how to prepare seafood boiled in a bag in a way that is appetizing.
Prepare a seafood stew bag. We don’t cook the seafood in the pot but instead we cook it in a high temperature ovenproof bag, usually called a turkey bag, and often also called a heat resistant nylon oven bag, and make sure you have one and choose an oven bag with ties.
Baking sheet You will need a baking sheet that can hold a heat-safe oven bag. You can also use a baking sheet, but most people use a baking dish because of its high sides so it doesn’t spill food easily.
If this heat-resistant bag acts as a container for boiling seafood, then the side of the baking dish can hold it so it doesn’t spill.
The best ingredients are fresh seafood, but you can use frozen ones. Ingredients that have been frozen perfectly will last a long time and you can make whenever you want. Here are the ingredients that must be prepared.
Crab Legs: Snow crab legs are more delicious and attractive, blue crab but king crab legs are also very good especially if you find one on sale grab it. If you buy crab legs that have been cooked and frozen, you only need to warm them up while cooking in a seafood boil bag.
Lobster tails: Cut the crab tails in half while raw and defrost them to make it easier for you to cook them. Otherwise, its tough tail will be very hard when you eat it.
Jumbo shrimps: Use 13-15 size prawns, these are big and great for cooking seafood boil in a bag. We need to use large prawns so they don’t cook too quickly. Using small shrimp can cause them to overcook while the others are just cooked.
Garlic cloves: Two whole garlic cloves, this is the minimum, if I use a few garlic a lot and I like a lot of garlic for medicine. But you only need two. Put it in the seafood stew sauce. This will give the butter sauce a nice aroma.
Lemon juice: Use lemon juice, taken from fresh lemons that are still of good quality.
Old bay seasoning: Use the classic seafood stew seasoning, this will create a garlic butter with a savory and fragrant aroma.
Also use Garlic powder, Onion powder and Red pepper flakes.
The complete recipe is on a recipe card, you can print it to make it easier for you to cook seafood boil in a bag.
– To thaw frozen seafood, put it in the sink and run cold water over it for about 15 minutes until it thaws.
– On crab legs, give scrub and brush vegetables to remove possible leech eggs, small brown/black dots and scrub them.
– Then melt the butter and powdered ingredients like garlic powder, shallots, aged bay, lemon juice, and paprika flakes.
– Put the defrosted seafood in a heatproof nylon oven bag on high, place the oven bag on a baking dish, add the onions and garlic, pour the melted butter and seasonings on the shellfish, stir to coat everything, then tie the oven bag and place in the preheated oven, and leave in the hot oven for 30-35 minutes or 40 minutes. Check everything if it’s cooked you can lift it.
If you want to enrich your seafood boil bag with corn or baby potatoes, then boil it separately for 10 minutes first.
To boil cajun seafood, you have to add andouille sausage, and make a hot sauce, cayenne pepper, and cajun seasoning.
If you don’t find crabs, lobsters, you can add any marine animals, that’s what we call a seafood boil in a bag. Seafood cooked in a high heat resistant oven bag.
Seafood Boil in a BagPrint Recipe
- 1 pound 13-15 jumbo shrimp, deveined and thawed
- 2 lobster tails, halved and thawed
- 1 pound snow crab leg clusters, cleaned and thawed
- 1 yellow onion, quartered
- 1 head of garlic, halved horizontally
Garlic Butter Seafood Sauce
- 1 cup (2 sticks) butter, melted
- 2 tablespoon old bay seasoning
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon onion powder
- A hearty pinch of red pepper flakes
- Juice of 1 lemon
- Preheat the oven to 350 F
- Combine the ingredients for the Garlic Butter Seafood Boil Sauce in a small bowl and set aside
- Place all the thawed seafood, chop the shallots, garlic, place in a heatproof oven bag, and place in a baking dish.
- Pour all the garlic butter sauce over the seafood, stir well, until all the seafood is covered in butter.
- Tie the bag shut with the tie that came with the oven bag (when buying a bag, choose the one with ties)
- Bake seafood for 30 minutes in your preheated oven.
- Take it in and out of the Oven and serve immediately, it’s delicious to eat while it’s still warm.