Chili is a spice that is needed in cooking. Whatever cuisine will taste good and delicious with the intervention of Chili. So it is very important to review everything about chili including how to thicken chili.
Without chili, maybe the food will taste bland and not tasteful to eat. Some people even like spicy food and lots of chili.
I like chili that isn’t thin and wants to thicken it. This is a delicious dish from Chili that you should try. This might be like soup, do you have the same taste as me? If so, then read on this article because we will provide a method of thickening the chili easily.
To thicken red pepper there are several ways you can do. Here I will share some very easy ways to do. Immediately, we see how below.
How To Make Chili Thicker
Please try some of the methods below to produce thick chili according to your wishes.
1. Adding Cornmeal
One way to thicken chili is to use corn flour. Sprinkle with a spoonful of corn flour, even you can use the harina or polenta, here’s how:
- Take one of these ingredients and put it in a hot pan of chili and wait a while for it to absorb and thicken the liquid.
- Before serving, let the peppers simmer for 10 minutes.
- But there are people who do not like this way because it causes the texture of the chili to be rough. But for me this is very unusual and appetizing.
2. Adding Tortillas
Have you ever noticed making tortilla soup? If not, you need to know that tortilla soup uses tortilla chips to thicken the soup.
From this experience you can also use tortilla chips to thicken chili.
How to make it very easy:
- Tear a few bite sized tortillas
- put it in the chili and let it boil for 10 minutes or 12 minutes.
- Stir again before serving this thick chili
3. Using Cornstarch
Furthermore, the way to thicken red pepper is to use cornstarch. I like the cornmeal cartena does not change the taste, so there is still the flavor of the chili.
But, don’t add a lot of slurry to make it more tasty and good.
How to make:
- Mix one tablespoon of corn flour and one tablespoon of water in a bowl.
- Before adding the mixture to the chili, stir it evenly first. Chili is already on medium heat, so this does not cause a lump.
- If this cornmeal has been added to the chili, now you can increase the heat. Cook until bubbles appear and this will thicken.
4. Using Arrowroot
Another way to thicken chili is to use arrowroot.
Usually, Arrowroot is widely used in stew and thick soup. So, of course you can also use Arrowroot as a chili thickener.
Here’s how to make it:
- Add one teaspoon of arrowroot and one tablespoon of cold water to the chili. You only need to wait about 10 minutes and the chillies will thicken.
- Like most starches, arrowroot will give beauty and sparkle to your meal.
5. Mixing Tomato Paste
One more way to thicken red pepper is with ingredients that are very easy to find and very simple. You use tomato paste.
By using tomatoes, chili will not change the taste, it still gives a chili flavor. See how:
- To compensate for the sharpness of tomato flavor, I add one tablespoon of granulated sugar. Apart from that, it also gives a little sweetness to the dish.
- Enter the tomato paste gradually into the dish
- Start with 1/3 can and mix thoroughly with chili
Using this method, you can measure the thickness of the chili you want.
Those are some ways to thicken chili, hopefully can give ideas to those of you who like Thick Chili. By way of thickening this chili, we can present a delicious chili flavor and fit each other’s tastes.