Pomegranate salad is the best choice to enjoy salad in the holiday season. A bountiful harvest of various vegetables and fruits in summer can be the best ingredient for serving salads. One of them is the pomegranate salad combined with other ingredients.
Using pomegranate seeds is a great way to add color to a fall or winter thanksgiving salad recipe. Seriously! These are colorful foods we don’t want to miss. The presence of pomegranate seeds in this salad gives a new feel to your holiday season.
The ingredients we prepare to serve the dining table with this pomegranate salad are: Pomegranate, apples, pumpkin, onions, vegetables, kohlrabi, carrots. This is truly a special dish for those who like salads. Pomegranate seeds sprinkled on top of various dishes and cakes, including on autumn and winter salads will add appetite to salads. Not only that, the presence of pomegranate seeds can provide antioxidants for the body, besides that it is also rich in fiber which is good enough for body health.
Pomegranate Salad Recipe Ingredients
In presenting this five salade, there are three things that are very appetizing. There are ingredients that are cooked, there are ingredients that are used raw and there are also dressings.
The components that are cooked in the pomegranate salad are: acorn squash, cipollini onions, halloumi cheese, and farro. Halloumi, pumpkin and onions can be cooked by roasting. While the farro is cooking on the stove. Cipollini onions are an ingredient that is not easy to get, if you don’t find them, then just replace them with regular red onions. If you are allergic to gluten and want this pomegranate salad recipe to be gluten free, then you can replace farro with quinoa or wild rice.
The raw components in the pomegranate salad recipe are: Pop and crunch, this is tangy feta cheese, baby greens, crispy carrot pita, shaved kohlrabi, apples, fresh herbs, walnuts, and of course pomegranate seeds!
The dressing ingredient for pomegranate salad is: a mixture of apple cider vinegar, maple syrup, Dijon mustard, and extra-virgin olive oil. This mixture all gives an excellent taste. Read on to find out how to make this special pomegranate salad recipe.
Roast the shallots and halloumi, roast the squash and cook the farro and beat the sauce. Slice the raw ingredients, when everything is ready, then arrange the salad, and put the dressing on top and serve.
Pomegranate Salad Serving Suggestions
The delicacy of this pomegranate salad lies not only in the refreshing pomegranate seeds, but also the presence of halloumi, feta, roasted squash, and farro, all of which complement the delicacy that is present.
This delicacy will be even more complete when served with several other menus such as parmesan eggplant, polenta mushroom cream, soup and other recipes such as Spaghetti Aglio e Olio, Fettuccine Alfredo, Sun-Dried Tomato Pasta with Kale, or with Creamy Vegan Pasta.
Don’t forget, this pomegranate salad is the best salad recipe for thanksgiving your family. Also serve other delicious foods such as green bean casseroles, mashed potatoes, sweet potato casseroles, and also prepare desserts or desserts.
These are the ingredients that are used
- 1 acorn squash, cut into halves, seeded, sliced into ¼-inch pieces
- 1 cup cipollini onions or you can use shallot wedges
- 8 ounces halloumi, cubed
- Olive oil for drizzling
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
Ingredients for Dressing
- ¼ cup extra-virgin olive oil
- ½ teaspoon maple syrup
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- ½ teaspoon Dijon mustard
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- ½ teaspoon sea salt
That’s a complement to making pomegranate salad, below are the main ingredients or main ingredients that you have to prepare.
Pomegranate Salad with Cider DressingPrint Recipe
- 1½ cups cooked farro
- 2 carrots, peeled into ribbons
- 1 cup finely chopped fresh herbs (parsley and/or cilantro)
- 2 small kohlrabi bulbs, peeled and sliced paper thin (or 2 additional carrots)
- Handful of mixed salad greens
- ½ apple, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons toasted walnuts or pepitas
- ¼ cup crumbled feta cheese
- ⅓ cup pomegranate arils
- Handful of microgreens (optional)
- Fresh lemon juice, to taste
How to Make Pomegranate Salad
- Line two pans with parchment paper, preheat oven to 425 degrees. Place the squash on a baking sheet and place the onions on the other side, also placing the halloume on a different side. Sprinkle pumpkin, onion, halloumi with olive oil, add salt and pepper. Then bake for 20 minutes or 30 minutes (when the ingredients are tender)
- Make the sauce: Take a small bowl, add olive oil, vinegar, mustard, garlic, salt, maple syrup, pepper to taste, and set aside.
- Then in another small bowl, stir the kohlrabi using a little spices. Then stir until it’s coated. Then take another medium sized bowl, mix the herbs, farro, and 1/4 of the dressing.
- Take a large plate, and milk salad, farro, kohlrabi, mixed greens, onions, squash, apple, halloumi, carrots, and the walnuts. Then make a drizzle over it with the remaining sauce to taste. Adding lemon juice is also a great way to serve it.