What are the benefits of eating peanut butter before going to bed? One of the likes from peanuts is it jam or butter. In addition to smooth, creamy beans, it is truly something unbearable and eager to devour it. Peanut butter can be found at the bag stores, you can also consume it at any time, including consuming peanut butter at night.
Eating peanut butter before going to sleep is also beneficial for your sleep because it will give you a good night’s sleep. To find out where you should eat peanut butter before going to bed, keep on reviewing this article.
Why Should You Eat Peanut Butter before Bed?
Know the following reasons why you should eat peanut butter before going to bed.
1. Helps regulate body weight
There is a study related to the benefits of peanut butter for weight loss, as published in The American Journal of Clinical Nutrition.
Where it is said that nuts can be consumed by anyone and this has nothing to do with weight gain or obesity. So, not only that, the benefits of consuming peanuts or peanut butter also play a role in losing weight.
2. Helps you sleep more soundly
Peanut butter contains an amino acid called tryptophan, this shows that peanut butter can help you sleep better. Do you know what are the benefits of tryptophan? This substance is useful to help the release of serotonin, and this effect provides immunity to the brain. While existing carbohydrates provide a supply of amino acids to the brain and helps insulin.
Indirectly, insulin helps transport tryptophan, and crosses the blood brain barrier. So every time you consume carbohydrate-rich foods, you will feel sleepy. Peanut butter is a good source of protein and is also a good carbohydrate for consumption. So, eating peanut butter before going to sleep can help you sleep well.
3. Prevents cravings at night
For those of you who want to lose weight, you should consume healthy food or healthy snacks before going to sleep. However, be careful if you are snacking on unhealthy foods at night, it will increase your body’s calories and eventually cause weight gain.
So, for snacks at night we need to snack on healthy foods such as snacks that are rich in carbohydrates, fiber, protein and various other nutrients. Your snacks may not contain 200 more calories.
Based on research published in “The American Journal of Clinical Nutrition”, states that protein affects a person’s hunger. As a healthy food before going to bed you can try eating whole wheat bread and peanut butter.
Two tablespoons of peanut butter contain 188 calories. It can get 1.9 grams of fiber and eight grams of protein. Consuming peanut butter before going to sleep can satiate you and help you sleep more soundly. In addition, wheat cane will also not make you bloated.
Also read: Green Tea Before Bed, 9 Benefits for Health
4. Build muscle mass
The benefits of eating nuts before going to sleep also affect your muscle mass. Based on information from the “Dietary Guidelines for Americans,” 10 to 35% of the calories in our body must come from protein. Someone, on average, must consume 0.8 grams of protein per kilogram of body weight. If he weighs 45 kg, he must consume 36 grams of protein. This is different from athletes, they must consume protein per kilogram of their body is 1.3-1.8 grams of protein.
Research says that consuming protein before going to sleep can increase muscle mass. Our muscles actually experience improvement, realignment and growth while we are sleeping. So, as long as we sleep the growth hormone increases. During the increase of this growth hormone if supplied with amino acids as in nuts, it will affect muscle growth.
In Medicine & Science in Sports & Exercise, a study was conducted which showed that people who consume protein before going to sleep can get healthier muscles and experience improvement in their muscles. This is even more influential compared to consuming protein during exercise.
Not only that, you are another research that supports this, a research result published in a nutrition journal that monitors the effect on protein during sleep.
In this study, participants were divided into two groups, where researchers asked one group to consume a placebo drink. While other groups were given drinks containing 27.5 grams of protein and 15 grams of carbohydrate content.
The result: They found that groups who consumed protein drinks had better muscle growth, and were stronger compared to those who took placebo.
Overall, peanut butter is high in calories and should not be the only source of protein in your diet.
Healthy Ways to Eat Peanut Butter before Going to Bed
To get benefits for the body, you take a number of ways to consume peanut butter before going to sleep. Below we review more about this.
- Take a banana and split it in half, then sprinkle it on top, add also chopped nuts, raisins and grated coconut. Peanut butter ready to enjoy.
- Dip the green apple slices into the peanut butter, the slightly sour taste of the apple with the sweet peanut butter gives an extraordinary flavor.
- Spread peanut butter on whole wheat bread or on bread that is rather salty or low in salt.
- Use peanut butter as a sauce on pretzels and bread sticks
- If you like the seldri, apply peanut butter on the celery stick and enjoy the crispness.
- Spread the peanut butter on whole wheat bread and enjoy before going to sleep
- Can also be enjoyed with rice, popcorn, or popcon cakes.
- Make peanut butter sandwiches and jelly sandwiches, apply peanut butter as a sweetener like using honey, also use raisins, pears, apples and jelly.
- Unsweetened peanut butter, add soy sauce, coriander, garlic and ginger. Use this as a sauce in grilled eggplant, shrimp, or if you are grilling chicken breast.
- You can also enjoy peanut butter with oatmeal or yogurt.
- For making pancakes, you can replace syrup with peanut butter, waffles and crepes.