This time we make Lentil Bolognese recipe, this is a vegetarian recipe. Bolognese is a food with a strong, rich and hearty taste. This is a plant-based lentil meal but the taste is deep. You can mix it with your favorite pasta. You can get creative, but whatever the story, these vegetarian lentils are nutrient-dense and simple, perfect for the whole family.
Lentil bolognese is a simple dish that you can easily serve as your dinner menu. This is a warm meal, so it’s perfect for you to enjoy on a cold night with your family.
After all, this is vegan food, you who are vegetarians don’t have to be afraid of this recipe. All ingredients are plant-based and you are safe to eat them. For those of you who want to enjoy a more delicious dinner, it seems that trying the lentil bolognese recipe is the best alternative for you.
If you want to try this simple recipe, we are here to provide it for you. These are the ingredients you must provide.
Lentils – small lentils are better than large or old ones. We used black caviar lentils. You can also use sub-French green lentils, and split lentils.
Garlic and onion – both added for better flavour.
Carrots and celery – Both will give a sweet taste and complexity, instead of celery you can use oregano.
Tomato paste – This is beneficial for adding depth and richness
Red wine – For added complexity (Optional)
Fresh tomatoes – you can also use canned tomatoes
Veggie stock – Adds flavor and taste
Hemp seeds (or toasted walnuts or pecans) for a richer taste and better texture
Balsamic vinegar – for a punch of flavor and brightness
How to Make Lentil Bolognese
– Saute onions in olive oil until fragrant
– Add the celery, carrots, and garlic, cook and stir for 5 minutes, then add the seasonings and seasonings.
– Then Add tomato paste, cook until slightly browned, add a little red wine and cook again.
– Add tomatoes and its juice
– Then add the lentils, hemp seed, walnuts and stock
Note: small lentils are better and tastier, the smaller the better
– Bring to a boil and cover, cook for 20-30 minutes.
– When it is tender, remove the lid, and cook some of the liquid.
– Taste and add stock, stir in balsamic vinegar.
– Serve with a spoon neatly arranged, if you like, you can season it with parmesan cheese and pecorino.
That’s the recipe for making lentil bolognese, a simple recipe, rich in nutrients and a vegetarian food that you should not miss on your week.
Spend your holiday by serving delicious food and the latest vegetarian recipes with rich flavors. Please try and share your experience.
Lentil Bolognese Nutritional Value
For one serving, this meal contain nutrition as below:
Calories: 268, Sugar: 6.4 g, Sodium: 481.6 mg, Fat: 11.5 g, Saturated Fat: 1.3 g, Carbohydrates: 30.9 g, Fiber: 6.6 g, Protein: 13.9 g, Cholesterol: 0 mg.