Eggplant is our family’s favorite vegetable for a long time. These are vegetables that grow quite well in hot and humid climates like Florida. Thanks to the eggplant that we planted in our yard we can present family favorite foods such as dishes from India, China, and Thailand. One of the things we like is eggplant parmesan. It could be, this is a special dish that we can present from the eggplant.
Eggplant is usually cooked with fried, coated with flour and fried or grilled with tomato sauce and cheese. But there are recipes that are more delicious, you can prepare foods from roasted eggplant with simply but more deliciously.
Roasting eggplant to soft gives a delicious texture and this reminds you of lasagna noodles or soft bread. Eggplant is also converted into a delicious soup that is not inferior to other soups. Eggplant is just as a carbohydrate-free food for those of you who are on the ketogenic diet. If you don’t like keto, maybe the recipe for eggplant parmesan can be your choice. It tastes delicious, cheap, fast and economical. You can make this dish with only takes about 15 minutes.
Luckily again, eggplant recipes are low in carbohydrates, even eggplant is said to be the best food for those who take part in the ketogenic diet program. Not only that, but eggplant is also right for healing GAPS Protocol and as a Standard Carbohydrate Diets. But unfortunately, this food is forbidden for those who are in Autoimmune Paleo diet.
Keto Style Eggplant Parmesan Recipe
Eggplant parmesan cuisine is cooked without being fried. This is suitable as your dinner which is free of carbohydrates and can be prepared with the fastest time. You only need 15 minutes to 20 minutes, eggplant parmesan can be tasted.
The following information about the preparation of this dish
- 5 minutes for preparation
- 15 minutes for cooking
- So, the total time you need is just 20 minutes
- The amount for 4 servings
Note for this recipe
You can replace Chinese eggplant with Indian eggplant if you want.
Can add more pizza and cheese sauce. Adjust to each taste. Good luck!
Keto Style Eggplant Parmesan RecipePrint Recipe
- Large or medium Chinese eggplants as many as two
- Extra virgin olive oil for 3 spoons
- 4 ounces of pizza sauce
- 4 ounces of mozzarella cheese, thinly sliced
How to make it:
- The medium to large eggplant size was cleaned. You can also use 1 large Italian eggplant or 10 Thai eggplants.
- Cut into rounds to follow the circle with a thickness of about 1/4 inch
- Enter into a large skillet and mix with olive oil (extra virgin oil), bake for 10 minutes with a temperature of around 375 F/190 C, you can wait until soft.
- Add pizza sauce and stir evenly. You can use homemade pizza sauce or that is sold in the store (packed in glass jars, sugar-free and citric acid-free). Maybe they’re 365 organic brands, it is a good one to try.
- Add the cheese and bake for 5 to 10 minutes or until the cheese looks brown on the edges.
- Serve immediately after cooking, the rest can be cooled to eat at other times.