Hot Cocoa recipe – This is a rich, thick, smooth and delicious drink recipe. The ingredients are fresh cocoa and vanilla. This drink is prepared with additional ingredients such as milk, cocoa powder, vanilla, and using brown sugar. Here we will show you how to make Hot Cocoa. Follow the step by step that we have prepared, you will be able to follow it easily.
We also accompany this recipe with pictures to make it easier for you to understand every step of making Hot Cocoa. It is a winter drink with a rich, thick and creamy taste.
Let’s see more explanation about Hot Cocoa this winter.
What is Hot Cocoa?
Hot Cocoa is a creamy, smooth, rich chocolate drink with a blend of cocoa powder, sugar and milk. When spending your days in winter, Hot Cocoa is a very interesting and comfortable drink to enjoy because it can warm the body in the middle of the snow.
Serving Hot Cocoa is also very easy, in about 30 minutes you can enjoy the delicious drink of cocoa and milk.
In making this drink, you can also use cocoa powder and the results will be similar. If you want it easier for future brewing, you can mix in a large amount of cocoa powder and save the rest for future Hot Cocoa brewing. Ok, let’s just look at the following explanation.
What materials do we use? Let’s watch together below
There are several ingredients that need to be prepared to make Hot Cocoa. These ingredients can be easily found in local supermarkets. Let’s see what materials you need to prepare below.
1. Cocoa Powder: Use fresh unsweetened cocoa powder, it will give a deep chocolate taste.
2. Milk: We use high fat milk in this recipe, we also recommend the same milk for you to produce delicious, thick and creamy Hot Cocoa.
3. Vanilla essence: The use of vanilla essence is to give a distinctive vanilla aroma and stimulate your appetite.
4. Brown sugar: To sweeten our drinks we use brown sugar, you can also use other sweeteners such as honey and others.
Those are the ingredients you need to prepare to make a cup of Hot Cocoa.
How to Make Hot Cocoa?
This is a recipe for homemade Hot Cocoa. Made with fresh, unsweetened cocoa, using milk, and brown sugar.
Hot Cocoa is a healthy and delicious drink to enjoy during the cold winters, it is not only delicious but also warms the body. You will feel comfortable even in the freezing snow in winter.
Here we see instructions and step by step in making homemade Hot Cocoa. We have also accompanied this guide with pictures to make it easier for you to understand our recipes. Let’s just take a look below:
1. Dissolving cocoa and sugar: Do this dissolving in a saucepan over low to medium heat. Add cocoa powder, sugar and water.
2. Combining cocoa: Beat and mix ingredients until well combined.
3. Introduce Milk: Then add milk and stir until smooth. Let the milk heat up for about 2 minutes and watch that the milk doesn’t boil.
4. Serving: Now pour the hot cocoa in a serving cup. Topping on top with marshmallows, whipped cream and chocolate shavings for a perfect serving and taste.
Pay attention to some tips in making Hot Cocoa so you don’t fail.
– For a rich taste: Use unsweetened cocoa powder, this will give a rich taste, if you don’t have one, you can use mixed cocoa powder available in stores.
– Sweetener: As a sweetener you can use brown sugar, or a substitute such as honey.
– For thick and smooth texture: For thick drinks we use high-fat milk, but you can use other milk according to your taste.
– Temperature: To make hot cocoa, always use medium heat, heat your milk but don’t boil it. This is to avoid burning the cocoa powder at the bottom.
– Serving suggestion: This drink should be served while it’s still warm, if it’s cold, think about rewarming it. Top with marshmallows, whipped cream and chocolate shavings. This will whet your appetite.
How about the calorie content, is Hot Cocoa rich in calories? The recipe we share contains 216 calories per serving. This number is an estimate for a nutritional calculator only, and the number of nutrients including calories may change according to the use of the ingredients. If you use milk with a different brand, the calories will be different and so on.
You can also find calorie, fat and other nutritional information on the recipe card below.
You may also like:
- White Hot Chocolate Recipe, Winter Drinks
- Frozen Hot Chocolate Recipe
- Mocha Coffee Recipe: Chocolate Flavor Drink, Delicious
if you do not finish your drink, then you can store it in the refrigerator and can last for one day. To the next day, when you enjoy again, do not forget to warm again.
For a delicious serving of Hot Cocoa drinks, don’t forget to sprinkle with whipped cream, marshmallows, and chocolate shavings, taste the treats of famous restaurants.
Nutritional information for a cup
Calories: 216, Total Fat: 6g, Saturated Fat: 3g, Unsaturated Fat: 2g, Sodium: 124mg, Trans Fat: 0g, Cholesterol: 20mg, Carbohydrates: 32g, Sugar: 28g, Fiber: 2g, Protein: 10g
Disclaimer: This information is only an estimate from the nutrition calculator app only. These are not accurate values and are for knowledge only.