Health Benefits of Kale – Kale is a vegetable rich in nutrients that are magnificent for health. This causes the kale is said to be “new beef” or queen of vegetables. Below we see the health benefits of kale.
The 10 Health Benefits of Kale
1. Kale has a huge nutrition content within. This Veg is a vegetable low in calories, has much fiber and fat-free. In one cup of kale, there are only 36 cals, 5 g fiber, and zero fat. The content very helps smooth digestion.
2. Kale contains much iron implies even more than the iron in cow meat. To support a good health, the need for iron can not be evaded. One function of iron is to form hemoglobin and enzymes.
Iron regulate blood situation remains good. So that oxygen can circulate throughout the body and helps the formation of new cells.
Also see: 10 Spinach Juice Benefits for Health
3. Kale vegetable is an excellent source of vitamin K. The health benefits of kale to protect the body against cancer. The content of vitamin K that is a lot in kale vegetable can ward off the arrival of cancer.
Benefits of vitamin K can help bone formation, promotes blood clotting and is useful for Alzheimer’s patients.
4. Antioxidants are much in kale can also help the body fight cancer. Among the antioxidants in kale is Carotene, flavanoids. This substance helps fight given to cancer.
5. The health benefits of kale for arthritis, asthma, and autoimmune. This is due to the kale is a source of great anti-inflammatory. One cup of kale with a mixture of 10% RDA of Omega 3 known to be useful for asthma and arthritis problems.
6. The health benefits of kale to the heart. These foods can support cardiovascular health and prevent cholesterol from the body.
7. Kale is a good source of vitamin A, which is excellent for eye health, skin health, and provide prevention of oral cancer and lung cancer.
8. The health benefits of kale to enhance immunity. Kale is high in vitamin C, so it is great for the immune system.
9. Kale is a vegetable-laden calcium even more numerous than the calcium in milk. Calcium maintains bone health and maintains metabolism.
See also: The Health Benefits of Cassava Leaves
10. Kale is a great detox food. Kale is full of fiber and sulfur, two substances are useful for detoxification and preserve the health of your heart stay healthy.
See also: Pumpkin Is a Fruit, Why Not a Vegetable?
Kale Benefits for Skin
Kale is not only good because it is rich in fiber, but also contains vitamins such as K, vitamin C and E which are very important for the skin. The benefits of kale for the skin are obtained from the antioxidant content in kale. Vitamin C is an antioxidant that is useful for preventing wrinkles, skin cell damage, cancer, and eliminating aging lines.
Besides that, there is an antioxidant from vitamin E which is good at smoothing the skin and making the skin glow. Kale is a nutrient-rich green vegetable that supports healthy skin. In fact, the content of vitamin K plays a very important role in providing benefits to the skin. Where the benefits of kale for the skin is to accelerate the healing of wounds on the skin thanks to the presence of vitamin K.
Now many beauty companies are even adopting kale as a beauty product. But know, the best way to eat kale for nutrients is to consume it in salads, boiled or steamed. This will keep the nutrient levels active and not lost from the vegetables you eat.
Kale Side Effects
Consuming kale in moderation is safe and there are no known side effects of kale for health, especially if consumed in amounts for medicine.
So, you can safely eat kale in your meals, routinely eat kale every day to get optimal effects.
Those are some kale benefits and side effects that should be known. This simple vegetable store many nutrients that are exquisite for your health.
Is it good to eat kale everyday?
Eating kale every day is good for health? Actually, this is a healthy food that can be consumed every day.
Every day you eat kale so every day you can meet vitamins and various nutrients for the body. So, eating kale every day is good for you.
One serving of raw kale (you eat it as a salad) provides 206% of the daily value of vitamin A. It also provides 134% of the daily value of vitamin C and 684% of the daily recommended vitamin K. But kale is very small in calorie content, this is only about 33 calories, eating this includes healthy vegetables that can be consumed every day in moderation.
Well, from the nutritional content, we see that kale is indeed a good vegetable to eat every day and is one that can provide a lot of family nutrition.