Coconut Oil for Diaper Rash – It is a painful problem in infants. For that, coconut oil can overcome this problem. Coconut oil contains anti-inflammatory, moisturizing and body immunity, so it can be a protector for babies who have problems with diaper rash.
Causes of Diaper Rash
Diaper rash is an irritated skin condition of the baby to form a reddening and even graying skin color. It’s so painful for your baby that he’s always crying.
The main causes of diaper rash cases are ammonia in the urine, irritation of the components in the diaper, yeast infections and can also occur due to acid in the stool. Remember! your baby’s skin is very smooth and sensitive so that there is little acidic substance then he will feel the pain and discomfort.
As parents, we sure be sad and difficult to see the child in such circumstances. Lucky, we have coconut oil that overcomes and treat diaper rash.
Skin irritation is not only cause pain but can also cause bacterial infections and the spread of various diseases due to immune deficiency. Coconut oil with anti-viral, anti-bacterial and anti-fungal properties can cope with diaper rash in babies and prevent further problems.
How to Use Coconut Oil for Diaper Rash
Coconut oil can be used directly on the bottom of your baby. Another way you can do is to prepare a diaper cream with oil. To prevent the development of a rash, follow the instructions below, your baby will be free from rashes and discomfort.
Coconut Oil Treatment
- Wash your baby’s bottom, and dry
- Take a teaspoon of coconut oil, and apply it to the part of the rash
- Rub gently on irritated skin, and wait until it dries, then just use a new diaper.
- Do it every time you replace the baby diaper until the diaper rash disappears on the baby’s bottom.
Coconut Oil Diaper Cream
Another way to use coconut oil for diaper rash is to follow the instructions below
- 1/2 cup virgin coconut oil
- 1 teaspoon corn starch
- 1/4 cup Shea butter
- 4 drops of lavender oil or tea tree oil (contains anti-fungal)
How to make:
- Take the pan and mix the coconut oil with the Shea butter. Heat on the stove until it melts
- Lower the hot temperature while you are interfering with the corn starch to thicken the liquid
- If all is well blended, add a few drops of essential oil.
This cream can last up to 6 months, but you should keep it in mason jar (for jams or jellies), it will remain fresh and durable.
Note: when trying to use this coconut oil cream, wash and clean the bottom of the baby and wipe slowly, leave to dry. Then you can apply the cream slowly to the irritated area.
Best Kind of Coconut Oil for Diaper Rash
The best coconut oil you can use is pure or virgin coconut oil, it is not related to chemicals. So, this is the best solution for your baby.
In addition, avoid using refined coconut oil because it has been processed to eliminate odor and taste. This type of coconut oil is also a lot of antioxidant loss. So, organic coconut oil, virgin coconut oil, pure coconut oil is the best choice with cheaper price.