Brilinta Side Effects (ticagrelor) – Before we see what are the side effects of taking Brilinta, let us know more about brilinta. This is a brand of generic drugs that are used in conjunction with low doses of aspirin. The use of generic drugs is to reduce the risk of serious heart and stroke for those who had a heart attack.
Brilinta belongs to a class of anti-pletelets drug. The drug works by preventing blood clotting (platelet). The Food and Drug Administration (FDA) approved this drug as an alternative in addressing heart health and stroke in 2011. Brilinta or ticogrelor produced by AstraZeneca.
Warning on Brilinta Drug
Brilinta instead of the usual drugs that do not need to fear the effect. These drugs have harmful side effects such as life-threatening, which is why Brilinta has a black box that contains important warning.
So, before you take Brilinta, consult with your doctor and say that you have or are experiencing the following things:
- A situation that led to easy bleeding
- The new operation you are doing or injury
- The presence of gastric ulcer
- Bleeding in the gut, head or stomach
- Had a stroke or mini stroke
- Bleeding in the gut like no polyps
- Heart disease,
- Lung diseases such as asthma, chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD) that makes you allergic to the drug.
There are also other types of drugs that can increase the risk of bleeding, so let your doctor choose which drugs are suitable for you. If you want to do something treatments such as surgery or dental treatment, tell your doctor that you are consuming brilinta.
Your doctor will probably tell you not to consume Brilinta if you will soon undergo heart surgery.
If you experience any of the symptoms as below while taking Brilinta, immediately tell your doctor:
- Severe, unexplained, long-lasting, or uncontrollable bleeding
- The urine turns brown or pink
- Vomiting blood or like coffee grounds
- Black, red, or Tarry stools
- Occur coughing up blood or blood clotting.
As long as you consume Brilinta, avoid doing activities that could increase the risk of injury and bleeding. Be careful brushing your teeth or shave when you’re taking brilinta. It’s to prevent bleeding.
See the box warnings and rules of use, as it took brilinta in high doses can prevent the drug for working as it should. Your doctor will tell you to take aspirin in low doses (less than 100mg) as long as you are being treated with brilinta.
Be careful and always follow the direction of your doctor. Never use brilinta more than doctor or health care recommendations.
Remember! Do not stop taking brilinta as long as you do not tell the doctor. Stop using brilinta prematurely may increase your risk of heart disease and stroke.
Brilinta Influence on Pregnant Women
It is not known whether brilinta could give a bad influence on the fetus or not. So, tell your doctor that you are pregnant or you will soon be pregnant. Then, the doctor will give you the best advice.
Nor is it known whether brilinta get into breast milk and affect the baby who is breastfeeding or not. For security, avoid breastfeeding if you’re taking brilinta.
Read more: Green coconut water benefits for pregnant
Brilinta Side Effects
There are some side effects that can occur from consuming brilinta. The following are common side effects and chronic or dangerous.
Some Common Brilinta Side Effects:
People who take brilinta sometimes also experience symptoms such as: Headache, Cough, Back Pain, Mild dizziness, Nausea, Diarrhea, Fatigue.
If problems like the above are not lost or getting worse, tell your doctor immediately.
Serious Brilinta Side Effects
Here are some of the serious side effects of brilinta. If you experience immediately notify your doctor. This side effect is the same as the common symptoms that do not go away.
- Pain in the chest
- Hard to breathe
- Irregular heartbeat, slow, fast or pounding
- Nosebleeds are continuously and not stop
- Easy bruising
- Spots appear purple or red skin
- sudden numbness, weakness, mainly occurs on one side of
- There was a problem with vision, speech, or balance
- The skin becomes pale
- Severe weakness
- Yellowing of the eyes or skin
- There are signs of allergy such as itching, rash, chest tightness, swollen face, tongue, lips, or throat.
So, brilinta side effects are very dangerous. Anybody who use the drug to treat heart disease or stroke, you should be careful and always taking it on the advice of a doctor.