This time we will see how to grow parijat plants and it is health benefits. This is an important plant for health and make sure you grow it in your home.
Parijat plants have fragrant flowers and bloom at night. It is also known as Harshringar or Night-blooming jasmine. Parijat has great health benefits and because of that many people plant it as an herbal plant to treat various health problems. For those of you who want to grow parijat plants at home, we will show you how. This article covers how to plant parijat and its health benefits.
If you are figuring out how to grow these fragrant herbs, keep reading this article. We will show you the planting guide for you.
How To Grow Parijat Plant At Home In A Pot
One way to grow it is to use a pot. Most people plant parijat plants in pots so they are easy to move around as they wish. Likewise, if winter comes, you can easily move the pot into the room to prevent your plants from being hit by freezing snow.
Most people say that parijat plants need a lot of room as a place to grow. This is not entirely true, the proof is that you can grow parijat plants at home even in pots. However, you must follow the correct planting rules so that the stingray can grow well.
See some important rules in planting parijat in your home.
– Use a large pot with a diameter of 16 cm, and use good drainage holes so that the water flows smoothly and does not make water stagnate under the bottom of the pot.
– Planting parijat using the seeds, can also name cuttings or cuttings of parijat tree in the spring.
– Avoid planting in winter as this will be difficult for growth.
– The planting medium should consist of 50% garden soil mixed with 50% organic compost soil such as vermicompost. Stir evenly and fill in the post that has been provided.
– Plant the seeds to a depth of about 2 cm. Keep the soil moist but not flooded.
– Maintain moisture but must be dry.
How To Care For The Parijat Plant
After you have succeeded in growing a parijat plant, now what is more important for you to successfully grow this herbal plant with many benefits is to pay attention to how to care for it.
Follow the following guide on how to care for stingray plants.
- This plant needs 6 hours of sunlight every day. So, you can plant it in a place with partial shade.
- The temperature for the growth of stingrays should not be too high, so growing it in partial shade is a must.
- Do not let water stagnate in the pot because it can rot the plant roots.
- Watering is only done when the soil looks dry. You can stick your finger into the ground to find out the condition of the soil.
- In winter, you don’t need to water regularly as this can make the plant cold-resistant and cause root rot.
Spiritual Importance Of Parijat
In India, the parijat plant is believed to have a lot to do with mystique and mythology. There are several mythological stories related to the parijat plant as quoted from the HerZindagi website.
It is said that the god Indira used to plant parijat plants in his garden and Apsara Urvashi often sat under the parijat plants to avoid stress, as Hindus believe.
There is also a story where it is said that this plant was gifted by lord Indira to Lord Krishna, its purpose is to defeat Naraksura.
That is the Indian mythology about this Parijat plant, and this is the reason why Indians love this plant so much and grow it as a herbal plant in their homes.
So what are the benefits of parijat plants for human health? Let’s see the following reviews:
The Benefits of Parijat Plant
Parijat plant is well-known as an herb for fever, dengue fever and intestinal diseases.
The leaves can be used as a tonic to treat joint pain, treat intestinal worms and blockages.
The benefits of parijat leaves are great for preventing disease or for boosting immunity. Take 25 leaves and flowers of parijat, boil with a glass of water until the remaining half a glass. Parijat boiled water is consumed in the morning and evening. however, for your safety, we recommend you to consult a doctor, especially if you are under medical treatment.
So, the parijat plant has many health benefits. For those of you who like herbs, plant parijat in a pot in your home and use it as an herbal or natural remedy.
You may also like:
- 5 Popular Indoor Plants and Their Medicinal Value for Healthy Life
- 100 Health Benefits of Life Plant
- 14 Oak Tree Leaves Benefits